Thursday, August 13, 2009

Italiano

I can't imagine a week's menu without a taste of Italy in it. Tonight we had penne pasta, chicken basil sausages and fire roasted marinara sauce. I also had a side of steamed broccoli.
I love these crushed tomatoes from henry's. Pour the organic fire roasted tomatoes, then fill the empty can with water and add it to the sauce and add the organic tomato paste. You can also make a nice clean sauce with regular organic crushed tomatoes as well. This sauce is best cooked long and on low. Ideally I like to start my sauce no later than 3p.m.
Trader Joe's Organic Whole Wheat Penne, is good tasting and affordable :)

These sausages are fantastic. From henry's market they are chicken basil, I brown them in a 1tbsp of organic olive oil then add them to the simmering sauce. This meal just fed 4 adults and two children, delicious and economical. I think I just made a mistake feeding all these men during football I have a feeling they will be coming back. I did not inform them that they were chicken sausages and wheat pasta and they gobbled it all up :)



No comments:

Post a Comment