Monday, October 26, 2009


Okay this soup is very good.....tasting and for you! If you are following WW it is zero points. So you know its low cal nonfat and high FIBER! We all want FIBER right? The down fall to this soup so much prep. I love to cook but I hate to cut up veggies. Especially with my little man wanting to help and whine!!!! So good ol Trader Joe's came to the rescue I bought all the veggies pre-cut. Yes its a little more expensive but so worth the time saved, especially because I have 2 weeks of homework to do today for class tonight PROCRASTINATOR not totally my fault i've been playing nurse for 2 weeks. But when does the nurse come for me? I guess pre-cut veggies is as close as I get to a nurse. Make this! Eat this! And ENJOY this!
Ingredients:

Non-stick, no fat cooking spray
2/3 cup carrots, sliced
1/2 cup onions, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
3 cups fat-free broth (beef, chicken, or vegetable)
1 1/2 cups green cabbage, shredded
1/2 cup green beans
1 tbsp. tomato paste
1/2 tsp. basil
1/4 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup diced zucchini


COOK IT:

1
Spray a large saucepan with non-stick cooking spray.
Step 2
Saute carrots, onions and garlic over a low heat for 5 minutes over a low heat to help them soften.
Step 3
Add broth, cabbage, green beans, tomato paste, basil, oregano and salt.
Step 4
Increase heat and bring to a boil.
Step 5
Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until beans are tender.
Step 6
Stir in zucchini and return to simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm...looks really good and such a simple way to add more veggies. Make a pot and eat it all week (at least it's only prep once)

    ReplyDelete