Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Bruschetta Pasta

I found this great dish @ http://fromlouskitchenwithlove.blogspot.com/ & because my camera is dead I borrowed the pictures from this creative blogger as well. This dish was so delicious. Everyone ate it up FAST.


INGREDIENTS:
~1 Box of pasta (I used Fuscli, next time I might try a smaller noodle)
~2 containers of the Trader Joe's Bruschetta Sauce, drained (I only used 1 container because I was trying to keep the cost and calories down. 1 worked great but I'm sure 2 would have made it more saucier)


~8 ounces, Fresh mozzerella, cubed
~A handful of Fresh Basil, slivered


~Salt & Pepper to taste



HOW TO:
Boil water and add some salt to flavor the pasta. Then add the pasta and cook as directed.
Cut the fresh mozzarella up into little cubes, set aside. And cut up the basil, and set aside. Drain the oil out of the bruschetta, and set aside. It is WAY too oily if you do not drain! (Don't heat the bruschetta).
As soon as you drain the pasta, add all the ingredients and serve immediately. The heat of the pasta will heat the sauce and cheese. Then add salt and pepper to taste!

Seriously this was soooo good and so easy. I wish I had made extra because this would have been great cold for lunch the next day. YUMMY!


1 comment: